Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Awkward/Awesome

Awkward

1. The babysitter canceled last night and we couldn't find a replacement so I had to go to our Bradley Method class alone...on our labor practice night.  Thankfully, one of the attending doulas stepped in to be my 'partner'.  The awkward part?  When I had to 'labor' in the bathroom w/ a (mostly) complete stranger. and when she had to help me work on relaxation, which you'll understand if you have ever taken a Bradley or other similar class before..  Awkward? You betcha, but it actually worked out pretty well and I found out those doulas are some pretty great women.

2. The other day we had our family pictures taken.  The awkward part is when your (almost) 3 and 4 year old say, "Mama, you look sooo pretty!" because they notice that you are finally wearing the makeup that has been hiding in the closet for the last 6 months.

Awesome

!. We got our family pictures taken!  We don't have them yet, but there might be a smattering of samples on here soonish...sort of.  We don't post pictures of our children on line.

2.  I'm having a birthday party to celebrate my upcoming 30th.  I haven't had a birthday party, or cake for that matter, since I was 12.  When your birthday is on the 26th of December, you tend not to care about cake the day after Christmas, even if you enjoy it.  I decided the awesomeness of turning 30 needs to be celebrated this year, so I'm planning the party over a month early (along w/ another friend who also turns 30 on the 29th). : )




No comments: