Friday, June 1, 2012

Mama, Mama What Do You See?

It's Five Minute Friday with The Gypsy Mama, and the word is see.  We write for five minutes flat and leave it on the page.  We don't worry about perfection or editing or anything.  We just write what bubbles up from beneath the surface and share it with the world.

Go.

Mama, mama what do you see?

I see a 4 year old little boy looking at me.

I see a newborn looking at me.

I see a 3 month old, a 6 month old, a one year old, a 2 year old, a 3 year old...

I see that little blob on the screen that gave us no doubt he was a boy, and the place on the ultrasound picture where the doctor labeled 'boy' as if our eyes could be that untrained (ha!).  Just in case I guess...

I see a 10 year old, a teenager, a man looking at me.  I see a father looking at me....wondering where he came from, how a tiny mass of cells will likely become all of these things and more...this little leach that grew inside me for 10 months, at 2 weeks late induced.

I see the world's best big brother.  I see a mirror image of his daddy's frame.  I see blonde hair that doesn't match mine (and hopefully never will...).

I see a sweet, strong willed, lovable, at times affectionate, stubborn, talkative, inquisitive, independent soon to be 4 year old looking at me...and I just want to wrap him up and keep him somewhere safe forever....

That's what I see.

Stop.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hmmm....yes,I see a boy growing tall and strong...two and a girl....my life so full and yours, it is as well! The beauty of looking ahead and seeing them grow while remaining in the moment.....wanting to keep them safe,but needing to trust and letting them go....praying for you and all moms!

Linda said...

I see a 16 year old, a 14 year old and a 13 year old looking at me...and my time with them flying by...