Friday, March 30, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Gift

It's Five Minute Friday with www.gypsymama.com and the word is gift...Go!

God has given me so many gifts that I do not deserve. The most recent one on my mind is what he told me at the Hearts at Home conference a few weeks ago. The moment continues to play over and over in my head...

Michelle Duggar said, "Your number one job as a parent is to get the Word of God into their hearts."

I have begun to accept the challenge of this gift with Ephesians chapter 6, and I almost can't believe the immense difference it has already made - in my children, and in me.

"Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. Honor your father and mother. This is the first commandment with a promise. That it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." - Eph. 6:1-4

Now, in asking my children to obey me in some area, we have a tool to use. They literally come to me speaking the words when I begin. They are learning to obey, and Mama is learning to be gentle. For, "Pleasant words promote instruction." Proverbs 19 something.

No comments: