Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Update: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

Disclaimer:
1.(You probably already know this about me by now, but) I am no photographer, nor do I plan on becoming any better any time soon.  It's just not a priority - thanks for understanding. : )

2. I am continuing to do this series because so many of you commented, on here and in real life, that you were inspired and wanted to see more.  Really?  You want to see MORE of my junk?!  Well, you asked for it.  Now go, yes you, when you are finished reading this - get off your hiney and go do some of your own cleaning and organizing.  I know I'm not the only one w/ toddlers to blame on my mess!

3. The closet edition (see below) wasn't exactly the assignment that Crystal gave, but this closet has been begging for attention for months now.  So, I went ahead and did a major overhaul.


 This was window/window coverings cleaning day. These vertical blinds had been staring me down for quite some time now.
I was initially disappointed on this day because I had sprained my ankle (again - boo!) the day before and  was thinking I wouldn't get to exercise that day.  Boy was I wrong!  TMI comin' at ya: I was dripping buckets of sweat after cleaning these bad boys! Even though they weren't that bad, I sure got a killer arm work out from this project.






 There was 4 years' worth of medicine cabinet build up.  Prescriptions, and cold meds, and empty containers (why?) - oh my!

(There should be another picture here, but I realized  that it had some old prescription labels in it so I will not post it, though I did remove them prior to disposal, fyi).






Closet Makeover Edition:


 Before:
Everything kinda, sorta looks all put away and organized...(woops, side ways picture)
 Not too bad, right?











 Right...?
 Uh...
 No...not really...
 Midway through:
What?












After:
 Okay, getting better...
Hey! I know what goes up there now.
 Sigh of relief...

Organized!
 See?!
 Ahhh
Yes, I am ashamed to admit it, but there it is: a garbage bag full of stuff that was not worth keeping, much less giving away.











Upcoming:
Finishing my closets, the few assignments I missed during this project, and a few thing I've been inspired to do as a result of the motivation I received from Money Saving Mom's challenge.


No comments: