Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update: 4 More Weeks to a More Organized Home

I haven't done so well with the pictures these last few days, but that is because I have been working like a madwoman to get this project from Money Saving Mom done!  Here are some pictures from the last few days' projects:

 I almost forgot to snap a 'before' picture, so this was mid-way.  Apparently my oven REALLY needed this!
 Almost done...
 Ahhh!!!  Half a box of baking soda, probably a few gallons of water, lots of elbow grease, and a little over an hour later...isn't she perty?!
 I forgot the before picture here...but look at my clean cabinets!  To be honest, I rarely even wipe down the upper cabinets because I guess I figure they don't get as much splatter as the rest.  Well...









Look at the handsome man I found to help me clean the top of the fridge! For the record, I did what I could, but unfortunately even standing on a chair doesn't do too much for a shortie like me.  Even Hubby had to stand on a chair for this one.  (Mom was right when she told me I'd  marry a tall one ; ).
 ...here's the evidence on my rag.  That's from the top and bottom, but they sure needed that if this is what my 'white' rag looked like at the end of it. (Ahem, this rag didn't start out perfectly white to begin with by the way...)

 Again, I forgot my 'before' pictures from the inside of my cabinets, but you can see I got rid of a ton of stuff.  Not pictured is a bunch more stuff that isn't used on even a monthly basis but is still needed every now and then.  That pile found a new home on a storage shelf in the basement.
 And now for some other stuff I've been getting rid of...











This was my '7 things to get rid of' pile from yesterday.  I cleaned out a drawer in a closet.  Yes, I am getting rid of my brushes because I no longer brush my hair (that is still so very weird to say, but that's a long story for another day...)









So I have to admit, it's been pretty nice hearing my husband compliment me on all the hard work I've been doing from this project lately.  Has anyone in your house noticed your re-doubled efforts?

I don't know about you, but all this hard work reminds me of a day I'm going to really enjoy celebrating this year, as a result of all this along with everything else that's been going on...yep shameless admission coming right at ya:  I am SO looking forward to Mother's Day and getting spoiled by my hubby and kids.  I have to admit: when it comes to stuff like this and showing appreciation, I have the best man on the planet.  He knows I work hard and appreciates my efforts to care for our home and children.  (Clarification: I am not doing this to  be spoiled, but who doesn't enjoy the added bonus every now and then? : )

Speaking of Mother's Day, head on over to The Gypsy Mama and check out her sweet list of gift ideas!  I know I was definitely inspired by it, and I think my mom is going to flip when she sees what she's getting.

2 comments:

Mel said...

checkin' your blog out :) enjoyed reading it, and I have to admit I found it humorous that the hubby had to clean off the fridge for you ;)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! Way to go Naomi on the hard work and all that honesty...it's sure motivated me!