Friday, April 20, 2012

Together: For Eternity

I'm linking up with Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday again today.  The word is: together.  Go!

We had the best conversation together yesterday.  My almost 4 year old initiated the conversation of a lifetime.  Though he is young I have mourned over his sin time and again because he is very strong willed and at times just has not seemed to get it no matter what I do.  So the prayer God has given me these last few months has been the same it has been his whole life, though more fervently:  LORD, please save this child.  Convict him of sin and give him new life in Christ.  He needs you God.  This is your child, on loan to me in covenant.

In my desperation, he heard my cry of a few weeks ago...and promised me this child's salvation through Psalm 20.  I knew with all my heart this was God's affirmation - I just didn't know when it would come to pass.

Now I utter the words in my heart...oh ye of little faith...

For several days now he's been asking questions, figuring things out, gaining understanding...we have entered the question stage.

Then yesterday, quite by surprise...he did his fact checking.  He wanted to be sure he really understood everything...

"So Jesus is God's son?"

"Jesus died on the cross for my sins?"

"Jesus is the way to heaven right Mama?"

"Trust and obey Jesus, Mama...right?"

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  YES!


"Do you believe that?"


"Yes Mama, I believe that."


I asked some clarifying questions...and he knelt down of his own accord...putting his faith to action as he said...Mama, I need to tell Jesus I'm sorry because I was naughty this morning, and the most heartfelt, simple, honest, humble prayer of repentance poured forth and I knew in my heart.

We had a family party last night to celebrate, just as all heaven is doing now - for one sinner who has repented and come to faith in Christ!  Thank you God! - for I am certain - he will be TOGETHER with you for eternity.  Together just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: