Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodbye...

5 Minute Friday with www.thegypsymama.com, the word is goodbye...Go!

I had to say goodbye before I ever got to really say hello.  I look forward to the day when I will see her face to face in all her glorious redeemed beauty.  Someone said if I were to see her now, in my un-glorified state, she would be so beautiful that I would sinfully fall down and worship her.  I wonder if that's true.

Although I am still at times gutwrenchingly saddened at the lack of her presence, I am eased by a few things...

1. One is that there are others to whom I have said goodbye that I know are with her and enjoying her right now.  I think of my Aunt Katy who never had any children on Earth, and I imagine that she is assigned with the job of raising this beautiful little member of her family who had to go home 'too soon.'

2.  Then there is Grandpa Schwanke, whom I like to think of as the head of the comedy club.  I'm sure he's enjoying this sweet little great grand baby more than he was ever able to enjoy any of the others.

3.  Finally there is my Savior, last but not least as we say.  Because of Jesus, I have hope of resurrection and heaven.  Because of him, so many of my hopes and dreams for my children are coming to pass in little Noelle  Faith's life.  I am sad that I don't get to see her growing in the knowledge of God now, but I know that one day I will.  And I am comforted in knowing that is probably even more wonderful than all I "ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" (Ephes. 3:20b).

Stop

1 comment:

Sara H said...

So many good-byes are this sad. It is a blessing to read your trust and hope in Christ, who is always with us for the saddest good-byes.